The Square in a Square unit certainly looks easy enough – Just sew 4 triangles to a square. How hard could that be? Well – very. The center square is precision cut, and each triangle needs to be positioned perfectly to be sure the square is centered accurately. Ugh.
By making the precision cut easy and oversizing the triangles the Square in a Square can be made easily and accurately.
Here’s how: (click on the picture to see it without the words)
This is the first block in the Storm at Sea Quilt. Click HERE to get the FREE Storm at Sea pattern.
A little more info on the Square Squared ruler:
- Ruler size – 6 ½” x 12”
- Unit sizes – 6 size options from 1” finished units to 6” finished units
- Step by step illustrated instructions
- Instructions for left hand cutting and trimming
- Fine lines for high accuracy
- We have companion patterns – but you don’t have to use our patterns to use our tools. If the Square in a Square unit is in the pattern – just use your Square Squared ruler – fast, easy and super accurate!!
If you have any questions or need some help – just send an email to email@example.com – I’m happy to help!
Until next time,